Friday, 11 March 2016

Daily Base Routine

Here is my everyday base routine. By base I mean makeup on the face and brows, that's because I basically can do just my "base" and go out of my house. I like to get ready in the mornings slowly and it takes me for about 20 minutes every day to do the base routine. 

My skin is dry/combo right now, which is quite weird, because I've never had an oily T-zone. There is still a few dry patches on my cheeks and on the forehead and medium coverage foundation can accentuate this areas even more... My face gets super greasy in the middle of the day, so that's strange. Hopefully, this condition wouldn't last forever because I loved my dry skin. I knew what I can do to make products work for me.

I recently picked up Nivea Men After Shave balm to use it as a primer! It seems like everyones have tried this Nikkie Tutorials makeup hack, so I thought I would give it a go. 
So 10 minutes after my skincare routine (cleanser, moisturiser, eye cream) I apply Nivea After Shave Balm. It feels a bit sticky on the skin, and that’s why it makes my foundation last longer. I let this product work into the skin for a couple of minutes.
Next I mix Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation (Y225) with a tiny bit of MAC Face and Body Foundation (C1) on the back of my hand. The mixture has soft moussy texture. The colour of Ultra HD is not a perfect match for me. It’s a bit yellow and looks dark right now. So I started mixing this foundation with the others and I liked it with MAC Face and Body the most. Both of these foundations don’t have SPF and they are liquid. This combo looks gorgeous on photos and in person. To blend I use BeautyBlender or Sephora Multitasker Powder Brush #45 depending on whats closer to me. But both of this tools works great! 
Then I use my favourite Clarins Instant Concealer under the eyes and MAC Pro Longwear Concealer to cover some spots. Set my T-zone and undereye with Smashbox Halo Hydrating Powder.



Base. Part 1


I will come back to finish off my face later and move on to my brows. I use MAC Eyeshadow in Brown Down and Pro Longwear Eyeshadow in Uninterrupted to fill them in and then set them in place with IsaDora Brow Shaping GelI will do an updated eyebrow routine later with the detailed instructions.

Eyebrows


After that I do my contour, blush and highlight. For everything I use MAC 129 BrushI contour with my NYX Taupe Powder Blush under the cheek bones and jawline. I skip my temples and forehead, because I’ve noticed that my face looks shorter when I do contour in those areas. Love Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Blush in the color Fetish for my blush. It is a neutral dusty pink shade to me. Such a pretty colour and so pigmented! I like to always change my highlighter. Right now I’m using a random light eyeshadow with pastel gold hues. I usually apply highlighter on top of the cheekbones, in the centre of the forehead, on the chin and the cupid's bow. 
Now I’m ready to go or to continue the rest of my makeup!


Base. Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment