Tuesday, 27 October 2015

3 Drugstore Matte Liquid Lipsticks

There are so many different drugstore brands on the market who released their own liquid lipsticks range. Here are my picks of matte liquid lipsticks from the drugstore. They all glide on silky smooth, feel velvety on the lips and stay for 6 hours looking flawless. Of course they're matte so tight feeling can't be avoided. Some of them has that candy smell, which I don't really like. If I could choose non-scented version, I would. Usually, matte lipstick complements simple eyes, so I  like to wear them frequently to make a statement lip makeup pairing with classic winged eyeliner.


Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick - 07 Nude-ist
Applies evenly and opaque from the first swipe of the comfortable and soft brush. Dries up imidiately, so you almost don't have a time to play around with the texture.  Although it stays strong for a half of the day you have to touch up the middle part of your lips.
On the other hand, the biggest down side for me is a stain that this product leaves. Sometimes I like to change my lipstick after lunch, but with this one I can't do that. Only using an oil based makeup remover, but this way foundation around my lips tends to smear a little bit. The colour hint that it gives after removing will show up under any semi-opaque lipstick.
 
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream - Zurich
This is my favourite out of three. The applicator is soft and precise, doesn't grab too much product. Doesn't drying out the lips too much, so it's comfortable to wear all day. Lasting power is the same as Bourjois liquid lipstick, it lasts but needs to be reapplied after meal. It doesn't leave any tint after removing. Smells nice also. Really want to try the darkest shades from the range.
 
Rimmel Apocalips Matte Lip Velvet - 206 Atomic Rose
The applicator is very solid and quite big, so it's very hard to apply it straight from the tube flawlessly. I prefer to use a lip brush with any lipstick formula anyways. Feels jelly on the lips through the day, which is a bit strange. It doesn't dries completely  matte by itself. So I like to dot this liquid lipstick on top of the normal lipstick with the same colour just to secure lip makeup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment