Saturday, 17 January 2015

Grapefruit Lipstick for Spring


It's time of the year when I feel tired of my MAC Faux and the rest of the similar favourites, along with Christmas reds. Following that I found this pretty colour suites me very nicely. This colour fills my face with the light from within and the teeth appear whiter. One of those seasons transition shades, not so grayish brown already, but not yet a super bright spring fuchsia. I find this colour is hard to name one. It's not an orange or pink. It's almost like a blush with a hint of ginger colour. Grapefruit - is the best way to describe it, (and also grapefruit is my favourite fruit, so that's why). 
I went makeup shopping the other day and when I came back home I realised that I bought four similar lip products, I thought it was a joke, and someone slipped me the same colours, but why should I be upset. Instead, I made a selection of which I'm very happy with after all.
I'd like to know what is your staple lip colour for spring?

NARS Super Orgasm lip gloss. This is my very first NARS product! When I saw this lip gloss I couldn't go home without it, and I completely forgot about my plans on their Lip Pencils, you know the drill, well, maybe next time. I would describe it as a light shimmery grapefruit pink with a generous amount of shimmer. This would be nice for a quick no mirror touch ups throughout the day.
Yves Saint Laurent Babydoll Kiss&Blush #8 Pink Hedoniste. I carry on this luxorious thing in my makeup bag proudly. This looks like pink grapefruit for me. Love that smooth feeling that it gives to my lips. You can use it as a blush too. Plus it smells amazing (watermelon?) Definitely worth the hype.
MAC See Sheer lipstick. It is from their lustre range, but the colour pay off is close to cremesheen. Feels creamy, moisturising and looks natural on the lips. This shade has that hint of ginger and some glossy sheen which make it so true grapefruit. 
NYX soft matte lip cream in Zurich. Although it looks like copper shade, but we talking about grapefruits, so it is a deep grapefruit that dries matte on the lips. It is the darkest option in the row. It is so pigmented, I need only one  It can look a bit chapped, so I would recommend to prep your lips with your favourite lip scrub and lip balm.

4 comments:

  1. These shades are so pretty! I've not heard of 'See Sheer' before but it looks stunning!

    Style Sunrise ☀ // GIVEAWAY!

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Def try See Sheer. It is absolutely perfect, if you like colors like this!

      xx

      Delete
  2. Those colors are to die for! I'd forgotten how much I love grapefruit shades. I usually go for peach, orange or pink in the spring.

    Maria Mui // Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soo pretty colors! Grapefruit is like a mixture of peach, orange and pink when you can't deside which one to choose from. Love them all!
      xx

      Delete