Friday, 24 October 2014

Skin Diary #1: The Naked Challenge



"Skin Diary" is a series of blog posts where I share my dry skin experiense, some tips on how to get a healthier skin and my favourite skincare products.

The concept of idea.
My the biggest beauty problem is my face. I mean not my face, but... well I have an unhealthy obsession with makeup. I do makeup even if I'm at home and not going anywhere. This makeup habit is getting worse, so I decided to take a chance and see what happens if I just stop doing it for a few days. At the moment I'm on a road trip with my father, we're gonna do some business things, so I have a couple of weeks for my experiment. I think it's a great exercise and I would feel myself more confident about my bare face after all.

It's ok to go out with no makeup on.
Everyone have their own faces and their skin issues too. A year ago I couldn't imagine myself going out with my bare skin. I had more blackheads and redness around my nose when I was younger, but I got used to treat my skin better (cleaning masks every Sunday, for example) and now healthy skin helps me to stay confined about myself. I was so scared to show off my "natural beauty" for the first time, but believe me nobody actually cares on how you look, nobody interested a fresh pimple on your forehead.
The truth point.
I personally feel to trust more to a person who doesn't have a lot of makeup. Just imagine: would you rather be more friendly to a young person with nicely groomed brows and dewy finish face or bold smokey eyes and bold lips in everyday life? Don't get me wrong, I love makeup as a freak, but only if it has a place to be. Think about it.
Listen to your skin.
The important thing is to considering the harmful environmental impact on your skin. There are more than 3 factors, but here is just my opinion. Tell me if you have some other beauty rules (share in the comments). Also, ask yourself what are your skin needs.
1) I think that the most dangerous factors are the all kinds of pollutions and the road dust. It's hard to detoxify the clogged pores entirely so be sure to exfoliate your face at least once a week as deep as you can and lister to your dermatologist carefully so you can get the best recommendations for your skin tipe. And! If you don't wear makeup it doesn't mean that you can skip the cleaning process at the end of the day.
2) Cold weather: After a good old cleanse moisturise your skin. Or extra moisturise if needed, especially when colder months starts to drying out your skin and you lose an essential percentage of moisture. I like to do nourishing masks when I have that feeling.
3) The sun protection: I've said it earlier and I'm telling you now when you spend a lot of time outside in the sun use SPF even if you don't wear any makeup. The sun is always cause a negative impact on the skin pigmentation.

The conclusion.
I think that the best time to start to show people your face is a little trip or vacation. Especially if you're going to another city or in a different county most likely you will never meet these people again, so it is not a big problem to buy a bottle of water on the gas station for once.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your valuable informative blog on skin health. In this point of discussion Obagi Products are the best treatment for all types of skin that for the normal, dry and oily skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post! When I was younger I would never have gone outside without makeup. I always wore makeup at school and always brought my makeup bag to freshen up during the day. Back then I always looked at myself in a mirror when I passed one, always checking if my hair and makeup was right. So exhausting!
    I guess as I got older I started to care less and be more comfortable without makeup. Now I actually have a lot of makeup free days and feel confident without and instead of feeling ugly without and ok with, I now feel ok without and pretty with. It's all about accepting yourself and all your flaws. People love me just the same.

    xx
    Maria Mui // Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same feelings. It's so great to love yourself! I really enjoyed reading all your comments. You literally made my day, thank you!
      xx

      Delete